11 November, 2020

 Finished my Slipstravaganza, and I 💙 it. It's super large and in charge, and a great shawl to wrap up in now that it's transitioning to winter. So now that I'm able to concentrate on other projects, I'm debating what my next knitting moves shall be. I've been desiring a Lunenburg sweater, so that's a MUST. Pretty sure I'll fall over dead if I don't cast one on soon, because Bohus, yay! And all the sweaters really; I basically have none...which is slightly embarrassing considering how obsessed with knitting I am. It's quicker to cast on socks and shawls, so that's what gets done. And of course, I should finish some languishing WIPS, but that's nothing new. 
Here goes: I'm resolving to finish my little hearts sweater, even though it's looking like it might be too small. Also, since I love knitting with my sock yarn leftovers, I was thinking about what kind of scrappy sweater I could make, and was inspired by this sweater from Boden.- I'm debating whether to make it a raglan or a drop sleeve. Maybe I'll cast that on today as well. After the ginormous shawl I just did, I feel like I should be able to bust out a sweater or two like nothing.

So here's an update from a tiny jump into the future: I HAVE started a Lunenburg! And it's glorious, I hope it fits me properly when done, because every other person in Ravelry who has finished it has come out with something beautiful, so if it doesn't work out for me, I will be a sad Dina. I'm using Palette yarn from KnitPicks, which I am really appreciating lately. It's soft, woolly, comes in a million pretty colors, including heathered ones, and is a good weight. Buy some for yourself here

And something funny. After wanting a striped sweater to use up leftovers, like the Boden sweater, and after being slightly perplexed as to why that pattern that I was looking for didn't already exist in Ravelry, Andrea Mowry came to the rescue and released the pattern Stripes. About 10 hours after I wanted one. So thanks Andrea! Here is it, and of course I added it to my queue. However, I already began my own marled version, using 2 strands, so I guess I should finish that one first.