18 January, 2023

All the Minis


I made a yarn wall above my desk! They are 20g minis that I dyed, and the peg board is from The Container Store. I was pondering which projects to use them on; I already have a list of mini-skein projects from when I was selling them on Etsy(shame on them, they changed their site so my shop was hidden unless I paid high advertising fees), but after perusing Ravelry and finding some suitable patterns I got excited to cast on all the colorful socks with my sweet yarn babies . I also enjoy making Xmas balls, which require about 6 grams of yarn each, but I have enough of those right now for an entire tree(which is what I did this year, yay!). And although I have enough knitted socks, I enjoy having a sock project going at all times for when I'm feeling crafty.


I found these ten patterns to try out. Some of them might require a full skein purchase because 20g of one color, 10 for each sock isn't much unless it's a striped pattern using all different colors. I plan on altering most of these patterns somewhat because I'm particular about heels and only enjoy top-down socks, etc.. So here I go on my mini-scrappy-sock-adventure!

  • SlipStripeSpiral by Mylene Pijpers
  • Over Left Socks by Cheryl Chow
  • Tea With Hermione by Sandra C
  • Socks for the Dancing Parson by Zoei Proulx
  • Sprocket Socks by Megan Nodecker
  • Fluorite Socks by Andrea Mowry
  • Color Palette Socks by Laura Moorats
  • Funfetti by General Hogbuffer
  • Oddments by Beverly S
  • Rain or Shine by Stephen West